MKDAD 2018-You See Me-moving forward
We’re excited to announced that we will be returning to centre:mk this summer with an exhibition celebrating the work of disabled artists in Milton Keynes.
Running alongside MKDAD, the exhibition aims to bring together a range of communities from across Milton Keynes to re-imagine the way that society views disability.
For 2018 MKDAD has decided to focus on the theme of movement. Looking at Movement in two ways, we are interested in how we can move toward a new and better understanding of disabilities, but also we want to look at movement and our understanding of what that means in relation to our bodies.
We are inviting disabled artists from Milton Keynes and surrounding areas to submit work that explore this theme, to be considered for the exhibition taking place this summer.
Submissions are selected by an art panel. We have some amazing judges on board including practicing artist Keith Jansz, Anthony Spira (Director at MK Gallery) and Claire Sapsford (Director at Milton Keynes Art Centre) to name a few.
This opportunity is open to anyone who identifies as disabled.
The exhibition will run from Saturday 23rd June- Sunday 16th July 2018 in centre:mk
Deadline for submissions is Monday 7th May 2018.
This work has been supported by funding from MK Community Foundation
Please read the following terms and conditions before filling out the submission form.
- Artists may submit up to 3 artworks to be considered
- Video, sound or performance work cannot be accommodated
- Works on paper must be framed and ready to hang
- If your artwork is selected, the artist or service is responsible for the delivery and collection of artworks dates and time to be confirmed
- The exhibition is in a public space without invigilation, artwork is exhibited at artists own risk and the artist needs to ensure adequate insurance cover
- By submitting artwork, the artist agrees to the reproduction of their work in association with MKDAD for inclusion in press/publicity/website/ catalogue and on social media
- The artist ensures the artwork submitted is original by the artist
- The decision of the selection panel is final
- We reserve the right to remove work from the exhibition at any point
- The artist agrees their work can be exhibited for the duration of the exhibition
Thank you for your interest in applying, for any further enquiries please contact: Roisin.Callaghan@mkuh.nhs.uk
To apply please send the following to email@example.com under the subject
You See Me (name) ie. Subject: You See Me Joe Bloggs:
- Name and Contact Details
- up to 3 jpeg images of the work you wish to submit
- Brief outline about your work